Great rewards for Airfare and Hotels
These are the perfect starter cards that could easily get you 2 FREE roundtrip tickets from anywhere in the US to NYC or Hawaii, or just about anywhere in the world. Both cards will allow you to earn 50,000 bonus points, the difference lies on the benefits of the cards and the annual fee.
Annual Fee $95 (waived on the first year)
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Points after spending $4000 within 3 months
- 2x on travel/dining
- No Foreign Transaction fees, and more
- Earn an additional 5,000 bonus points by adding an authorized user, and the AU uses the card at least once
Annual Fee $450 (breathe)
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Points after spending $4000 within 3 months
- $300 Annual Travel Credit (airfare, bus, taxi, Uber, subway, anything travel related will be covered by this travel credit.
- $100 Global Entry credit (plus TSA precheck) – your application fee will be credited back to you, and this perk allows you to return to the US quickly by avoiding long lines at the airport
- Priority Pass – this will give access to hundreds of airport lounges that are part of this program
- Earn 3x for dining and travel
- For more, info click here.
For details on the difference, read what I wrote a when I compared these cards, click here…..
No annual fee
This card offers rotational rewards that give you 5% Cashback or Ultimate Rewards…it’s the Chase Freedom. The promo has included purchases with gas stations, groceries, restaurant, the typical everyday spend. Just by signing up and spending $500, you get $150 bonus….best part? No Annual Fee.
With American Express Personal Platinum, you earn 60,000 Membership Rewards good for air, hotel transfers, $100 Global Entry application credit, $200 Airline travel credit, $200 Uber credit, Priority Pass lounge access, and so much more! This one is another favorite!!! This card also gives you access to using Amex Concierge service, the service that was able to get me tickets to Hamilton NYC and we sat in the 3rd Row Orchestra. There could be better offers on this card, so check first before applying.
Annual fee is $550.
Here are the highlights of the benefits acc. to American Express.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Up to $200 for Uber rides annually. Credit and Uber VIP status available to Basic Card Member only.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on eligible hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- As a Platinum Card Member, you can enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Precheck
If you have a SMALL BUSINESS, these are the cards that I have. Great sign-up bonuses, and earnings potential.
Annual fee is $95
Earn 80,000 Ultimate Rewards points by applying for a Chase Ink card...I love this card! You can pay your cell phone bills, internet, travel, advertising, shipping purchases….and you earn 3x per dollar. Excellent cell phone protection. Points are worth 25% more when you travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards
Minimum spend is $5,000 within the first three months from account opening
Annual Fee: $95
American Express Business Platinum – Earn up to 100,000 Membership Rewards. How? First, you earn 50,000 Membership Rewards points after you spend $10,000 and an extra 50,000 points after they spend an additional $15,000 on qualifying purchases on their new Card within their first 3 months of Card Membership. Here are the high-level details of their benefits.
- Annual fee: $450
- $200 Airline Credit
- Access to Global Lounge and Priority Pass
- Fee credit for Global Entry or TSA Precheck (valued up to $100)
- 5x points on flights and eligible hotels
- 1.5x on eligible purchases of $5,000 or more
NEW offer from American Express – this is Amex Blue Business Plus. Currently offering 10,000 Membership Rewards points after you meet $3,000 in purchases within the first 3 months. Earn 2x with no category restrictions. Plus, get a 0% introductory APR for 15 months on purchases and balance transfers.
This is one of my default cards since I always get 2x per dollar on all my purchases.
Best part? NO annual fee.
Great hotel credit cards with options for airline points transfer
This Chase World of Hyatt Card was the card that got us FREE rooms at Park Hyatt Paris-Vendome, Park Hyatt Paris, Park Hyatt New York, and a Presidential Suite upgrade at the Grand Hyatt Washington DC.
Earn 40,000 Bonus Points
after you spend $3,000 on purchases within the first 3 months of account opening.
Plus, earn an additional 20,000 Bonus Points after you spend $6,000 total on purchases within the first 6 months of account opening
That’s up to 60,000 Bonus points – enough for 12 free nights at Category 1 hotels or 2 free nights at Category 7 hotels
Get a free night every anniversary year at any Hyatt that is between Category 1-4. This one is a keeper for me. Earn an extra free night at any Category 1-4 Hyatt hotel or resort if you spend $15,000 during your cardmember anniversary year.
Annual Fee – $95 Annual Fee.
To apply for World of Hyatt card, click here.
IHG, or Intercontinental Hotels Group (includes brands such as Intercontinental, Kimpton, Crowne Plaza, Holiday Inn, and more) – this is another credit card that I keep in my wallet. The current offering is as follows:
- 80,000 bonus points
- Minimum spend of $2,000 within 3 months
- Annual fee of $89
- Anniversary Free Night (up to 40,000 points value) – I love this perk. While there’s an annual fee of $89, that fee could easily be offset by the cost of one free night
- Automatic Platinum Elite Status
- 4th Night Reward Free – another great way of stretching your points is by doing this
- Earn 5,000 points by adding an Authorized User within 3 months of account opening
- Global Entry or TSA Precheck statement credit of up to $100
- Earn 10x at IHG properties, 2x with gas, grocery, restaurants, 1x for other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- To apply, click here.
Lastly, for more FREE hotel stays, the American Express Hilton Honors card where you can earn 65,000 bonus points – great for Hilton brand hotels worldwide.
Annual fee: Zero
Minimum spend is $1,000 within 3 months
CSP – NA
CSR – JF
CF – NF
HH – JF
IHG – JF
Hyatt – JF
Ink – JF
Amex Biz Plat – JF