One of the best times to go to Spain is after the summer crowd leaves. You’ll find great deals then, and here are a few examples.
What’s the deal?
- Check Google Flights
- Fly from New York (JFK), Boston (BOS), Newark (EWR) to Madrid roundtrip
- (I suggest checking other airports as well)
- Choose dates available between end of September and December (be flexible)
- Some deals are seen in August as well
- Dates in Green are the ones with low fares
- Airfare as low as $285 roundtrip from NYC
- Or use as low as 19,000 Chase Ultimate Rewards (using your Chase Sapphire Reserve points)
- Using your points with your Chase Sapphire Preferred will be slightly more
- From Boston
New York JFK to Madrid round trip $285 or 19K Chase Ultimate Rewards
Boston to Madrid $300 round trip
Newark to Madrid round trip $287 or as low as 19,000 Chase Ultimate Rewards
You have an option to pay for the airfare using your cash out of pocket, or if you have points with Chase, you could be flying just using your points and zero cost out of pocket. How exactly?
How can I begin earning points to travel for nearly free?
You have an option to begin flying for nearly free, but you will need miles and points. There was always one card that stood out, perfect for a lot of those who are getting into the game.
The Chase Sapphire Preferred (click here) is a perfect starter card. With its 50,000 bonus points, those points alone have gotten us two tickets to Hawaii, just as an example. The sign up bonus alone can be worth as much as $1,000 or more in travel.
– 50,000 Ultimate Rewards sign up bonus after $4,000 in spend in the first three months
– Points are transferable to:
- Hotel Partners
- Airline travel partners
- United Airlines
- British Airways
- Southwest Airlines
- Singapore Airlines
- Flying Blue
- Virgin Atlantic
- Aer Lingus
– Points are worth 1.25 cents each when redeemed through the Ultimate Rewards travel portal
– Primary rental car collision damage waiver
– Earn 2X points on all travel and dining
– $95 annual fee (waived first year)
If I were just starting out in earning miles and points, I suggest starting out with this card, the Chase Sapphire Preferred. We have two upcoming trips in 2019 and we’re very excited.
- How my family booked 12 FREE tickets to Japan
- How we booked SIX FREE tickets to Hawaii this 4th of July
To apply for my favorite Top Travel credit cards that I use most, click here
Lastly, here Reader Success Tales that I featured on my site.
- The Yamaguchi’s European Holiday Vacation
- Stephen & Fiona’s Aspirational Trip to Japan
- $80 Trip to Costa Rica for 2 – Vanessa’s Tale
- Traveling is not just for the rich – Iza’s $11 Trip to Hawaii
- Last-minute trip to Hawaii – Bryan & Emily’s Tale
- The Smith Sisters conquer New York City – Gina’s Tale
- Seeing the world through my children’s eyes – Maricar’s tale