Hong Kong, anyone? For under $400 or 26,000 Chase Ultimate Rewards to you can go to Hong Kong for less. This could be your trip around Presidents Holiday, or ski week, or early Spring Break.
What’s the deal
- For as low as $388, Los Angeles to Hong Kong roundtrip
- taxes and fees included
- other flight dates could vary in price
- Fly via Cathay Pacific (coach), ranked #4 in the world
- Availability from January 2020 through March 2020
- Must depart Tuesday or Thursday
- Check Google Flights
- This is subject to change without notice
Sample $388 LAX to Hong Kong roundtrip
Sample using 26,000 Chase Ultimate Rewards
- Check your point with Chase
- Sample below is using my points with my Chase Sapphire Reserve
- Other cards could be slightly more
- Find dates in Google Flights that works for you and search for the exact same flights using the Chase Portal
How to begin flying nearly free
There are many credit cards out there. The points earned with Chase have been my favorite for many years. These Ultimate Rewards points could be used with different partner airlines (see below), hotel, car rentals. Here are the Chase Cards that I, myself, use on a regular basis which can earn you these Ultimate Rewards – you could get any of these credit cards below which will allow you to transfer your points to Southwest Airlines. The cards listed below also offers flexibility in transferring to other airlines and hotels (see below).
a. Chase Sapphire Preferred (click here)– earn 60,000 Chase Ultimate Rewards.
The Chase Sapphire Preferred is a perfect starter card. With its current 60,000 bonus points, those points alone have gotten us two tickets to Hawaii, have gotten us to many countries and cities in Europe and Asia, just as an example. The sign up bonus alone can be worth as much as $1,000 or more in travel.
– 60,000 Ultimate Rewards sign up bonus after $4,000 in spend in the first three months
– Points are transferable to:
- Hotel Partners
- Airline travel partners
- United Airlines
- British Airways
- Southwest Airlines
- Singapore Airlines
- Flying Blue
- Virgin Atlantic
- Aer Lingus
– Points are worth 1.25 cents each when redeemed through the Ultimate Rewards travel portal
– Primary rental car collision damage waiver
– Earn 2X points on all travel and dining
– $95 annual fee
If I were just starting out in earning miles and points, I suggest starting out with this card, the Chase Sapphire Preferred
b. Chase Sapphire Reserve – earn 50,000 Chase Ultimate Rewards (I don’t have an active link at the time this was published, feel free to search on the net for a recent link, or check with me). Here’s a write up that I wrote on both Sapphire cards.
c. Chase Ink Business Preferred– earn 80,000 Chase Ultimate Rewards, perfect for those with small business.
I value my points earned with Chase. Here’s a write-up I wrote last year as to how we travel for nearly free (click here) with points earned with these credit cards.
For other cards that have helped us travel for nearly free, I recently I updated my favorite travel credit cards. I’ve also written this recently:
Feel free to follow me on social media
Lastly, here Reader Success Tales that I featured on my site.
- The Yamaguchi’s European Holiday Vacation
- Stephen & Fiona’s Aspirational Trip to Japan
- $80 Trip to Costa Rica for 2 – Vanessa’s Tale
- Traveling is not just for the rich – Iza’s $11 Trip to Hawaii
- Last-minute trip to Hawaii – Bryan & Emily’s Tale
- The Smith Sisters conquer New York City – Gina’s Tale
- Seeing the world through my children’s eyes – Maricar’s tale
H/T: The Flight Deal