This deal is now EXPIRED.
Fly from $29 with Southwest’s California Winter Sale (book by 12/11 before midnight) – lots of low cost fare with Southwest. But you have to act fast. These flights originate from California.
Winter travel sale from California
- Fly from $29 with Southwest California sale
- Book by tonight 12/11/19 by 11:59 pm Pacific Time
- Continental U.S. travel valid January 7 through March 4, 2020.
- Click here to search for the ones that work for you.
- Make sure you read the terms and conditions.
Sample of a roundtrip fare for under $30 each way
How to use points with Southwest and travel nearly free
There are many credit cards out there. The points earned with Chase have been my favorite for many years. These Ultimate Rewards points could be used for Southwest Airlines and many other partner airlines (see below), hotel, car rentals. Here are the Chase Cards that I, myself, use on a regular basis which can earn you these Ultimate Rewards.
There are Southwest Airlines credit cards out there. Click here to check all the different Southwest Credit cards with Chase.
Or, you could also get any of these credit cards below which will allow you to transfer your points to Southwest Airlines. The cards listed below also offers flexibility in transferring to other airlines and hotels (see below).
a. Chase Sapphire Preferred (click here)– earn 60,000 Chase Ultimate Rewards.
The Chase Sapphire Preferred is a perfect starter card. With its current 60,000 bonus points, those points alone have gotten us two tickets to Hawaii, have gotten us to many countries and cities in Europe and Asia, just as an example. The sign up bonus alone can be worth as much as $1,000 or more in travel.
– 60,000 Ultimate Rewards sign up bonus after $4,000 in spend in the first three months
– Points are transferable to:
- Hotel Partners
- Airline travel partners
- United Airlines
- British Airways
- Southwest Airlines
- Singapore Airlines
- Flying Blue
- Virgin Atlantic
- Aer Lingus
– Points are worth 1.25 cents each when redeemed through the Ultimate Rewards travel portal
– Primary rental car collision damage waiver
– Earn 2X points on all travel and dining
– $95 annual fee
If I were just starting out in earning miles and points, I suggest starting out with this card, the Chase Sapphire Preferred
b. Chase Sapphire Reserve – earn 50,000 Chase Ultimate Rewards (I don’t have an active link at the time this was published, feel free to search on the net for a recent link, or check with me). Here’s a write up that I wrote on both Sapphire cards.
c. Chase Ink Business Preferred– earn 80,000 Chase Ultimate Rewards, perfect for those with small business.
I value my points earned with Chase. Here’s a write-up I wrote last year as to how we travel for nearly free (click here) with points earned with these credit cards.
For other cards that have helped us travel for nearly free, I recently I updated my favorite travel credit cards. I’ve also written this recently:
Feel free to follow me on social media
Lastly, here Reader Success Tales that I featured on my site.
- The Yamaguchi’s European Holiday Vacation
- Stephen & Fiona’s Aspirational Trip to Japan
- $80 Trip to Costa Rica for 2 – Vanessa’s Tale
- Traveling is not just for the rich – Iza’s $11 Trip to Hawaii
- Last-minute trip to Hawaii – Bryan & Emily’s Tale
- The Smith Sisters conquer New York City – Gina’s Tale
- Seeing the world through my children’s eyes – Maricar’s tale