Crazy airfare deal between Phoenix and Canada, eh? Winter? Summer? Spring? Fall? No problem!
What’s the deal
- Travel between Phoenix (PHX) and Vancouver (YVR)
- This also works vice versa (YVR-PHX)
- Lots of travel dates between January and October 2020
- Seeing prices from $147 roundtrip up to $170 via United
- Check Google Flights
- Results in GREEN means those are the dates with cheap flights
Various samples from $147-$170
Vancouver to Phoenix round trip
Phoenix to Vancouver round trip
Sample Phoenix to Vancouver RT
Or, fly for FREE using as low as 9K Chase Ultimate Rewards
Want to get there for free using your points with Chase? If you have Chase Ultimate Rewards, you could do this for as low as 9,000 points round trip (using your points with Chase Sapphire Reserve). If you have a Chase Sapphire Preferred, it will be slightly more. Look above for the sample screen shots from Chase.
How to begin flying nearly free
There are many credit cards out there. The points earned with Chase have been my favorite for many years. These Ultimate Rewards points could be used with different partner airlines (see below), hotel, car rentals. Here are the Chase Cards that I, myself, use on a regular basis which can earn you these Ultimate Rewards.The cards listed below also offers flexibility in transferring to other airlines and hotels (see below).
a. Chase Sapphire Preferred (click here)– earn 60,000 Chase Ultimate Rewards.
The Chase Sapphire Preferred is a perfect starter card. With its current 60,000 bonus points, those points alone have gotten us two tickets to Hawaii, have gotten us to many countries and cities in Europe and Asia, just as an example. The sign up bonus alone can be worth as much as $1,000 or more in travel.
– 60,000 Ultimate Rewards sign up bonus after $4,000 in spend in the first three months
– Points are transferable to:
- Hotel Partners
- Airline travel partners
- United Airlines
- British Airways
- Southwest Airlines
- Singapore Airlines
- Flying Blue
- Virgin Atlantic
- Aer Lingus
– Points are worth 1.25 cents each when redeemed through the Ultimate Rewards travel portal
– Primary rental car collision damage waiver
– Earn 2X points on all travel and dining
– $95 annual fee
If I were just starting out in earning miles and points, I suggest starting out with this card, the Chase Sapphire Preferred
b. Chase Sapphire Reserve – earn 50,000 Chase Ultimate Rewards (I don’t have an active link at the time this was published, feel free to search on the net for a recent link, or check with me). Here’s a write up that I wrote on both Sapphire cards.
c. Chase Ink Business Preferred– earn 80,000 Chase Ultimate Rewards, perfect for those with small business.
I value my points earned with Chase. Here’s a write-up I wrote last year as to how we travel for nearly free (click here) with points earned with these credit cards.
For other cards that have helped us travel for nearly free, I recently I updated my favorite travel credit cards. I’ve also written this recently:
Feel free to follow me on social media
Lastly, here Reader Success Tales that I featured on my site.
- The Yamaguchi’s European Holiday Vacation
- Stephen & Fiona’s Aspirational Trip to Japan
- $80 Trip to Costa Rica for 2 – Vanessa’s Tale
- Traveling is not just for the rich – Iza’s $11 Trip to Hawaii
- Last-minute trip to Hawaii – Bryan & Emily’s Tale
- The Smith Sisters conquer New York City – Gina’s Tale
- Seeing the world through my children’s eyes – Maricar’s tale