Hard to imagine that we are now in the month of February. Time just flew. But, it doesn’t mean that we should miss out on any potential savings opportunity. I’ve recently published savings opportunities with Chase, Citi, and American Express credit cards:
Do you have a Discover Card? Here’s another opportunity for cash back, this time it’s with Discover credit cards.
How do you earn 5% Cash Back with Discover
If you are a Discover It and Discover More cardholder, you could take advantage by activating these quarterly rotational promos:
- Earn 5% cash back on everyday purchases at different places each quarter like grocery stores, restaurants, gas stations, select rideshares and online shopping, up to the quarterly maximum when you activate.
- 5% cash back earnings on up to $1,500 in purchases
What are the quarterly cash back promotions in 2020
- Jan-Mar: Grocery Stores, Walgreens, and CVS
- Apr-Jun: Gas Stations, Uber, Lyft, and Wholesale Clus
- Jul-Sep: Restaurants and PayPal
- Oct-Dec: Amazon.com, Walmart.com, and Target.com
How to activate the cash back offer
- Activate the cash back offer by going to your Discover account
- On the account page, click REWARDS
- Click 5% Cash back bonus
- Click on the quarter that needs to be activated – you should see an orange box for you to click
What are the 4 options to redeem the Discover cash back
- From your account
- Click REWARDS
- Click REDEEM CASHBACK BONUS
- You will see your 4 different options how to use the cashback
In my household, we like redeeming the cash back and get gift cards.
Don’t have a Discover card?
Here’s a link for you to get started by and apply for a new Discover IT card with no annual fee, and you could qualify for these cash back offers.
Should you get a Discover card?
If you take this miles and points earning hobby seriously, or want to follow the right path of applying for the right cards, I highly suggest reading up on the Chase 5/24 rule.
No, I am not sponsored by Chase
I am just someone who learned the hard way. Without adhering or learning this 5/24 Rule, I missed out on great earning opportunities when I first started out in 2014. But we recently discussed the Chase 5/24 Rule – that if you want to have a strategy in earning travel rewards cards, focus on Chase cards first, and the other cards could wait.
When it comes time for Chase to review your application, if you’ve opened five or more new personal credit cards (with Chase and other institutions), your application will be denied by Chase. This applies to both business and personal credit card accounts.
Read the entry and it will show you the following topics why it’s important to have a credit card strategy.