I found myself randomly browsing through my Venmo app and noticed a Rewards section. I clicked it and found a special deal with Venmo that allowed me to earn rewards.
How to check you Venmo Rewards Offer
- Go to your Venmo app on your smartphone
- Once your app is open, look at the top right hand side, with 3 lines (the menu bar)
- Click those 3 lines
- Halfway down you’ll see REWARDS, and if there’s something in RED, that means you have rewards info waiting for you
- Click REWARDS (here’s an example of what I saw)
- Click Pay with your QR code, this is what you will show when you’re ready to pay.
What’s the $10 cash back at CVS
So how exactly did this play out in real life? This was my detailed experience when I used this promo at CVS.
- Looking at the terms, it didn’t seem very restrictive.
- I followed what it said – to purchase something $20 or more
- I used mine to purchase a $25 Amazon Gift card
- I gave the Amazon gift card to the cashier and advised her that I’d be using the Venmo QR Code to pay for my purchase
- She didn’t know what to do, but remembered seeing instructions how to do so
- She followed the instructions, scanned the QR code from my phone
- I proceeded to complete the transaction by pressing ‘Pay Now’
- A receipt was printed, and my Venmo app was updated with the following screenshots
Note: The $10 cash back was not automatic. I still had to pay for my purchase in full. According to Venmo, it should 24 hours for the $10 to be sent. But in my experience, it 3-4 days. Once the funds are in your Venmo account you, you could use it to transfer to your bank account or apply the funds to your future purchase.