Another crazy good deal, packed with airfare, transfers, and all-inclusive privileges. This is at a 4-star resort – Summer Island Resort at the Maldives, it’s latest offer from Travelzoo.
A few months ago I shared with all of you a couple of deals that members of my travel group page booked. These two Travelzoo deals are no longer available and I can tell you that I know of at least two who took advantage of these two deals that I posted.
The latest Travelzoo deal – Summer Island Resort Maldives
Go on a 5-night retreat to the Maldives, where world-class beaches sit on a stretch of more than 1,000 islands.
What’s included with $1499 per person
- Roundtrip flights from the U.S. to Malé
- 5 nights in a Garden room at the 4-star Summer Island Resort
- Roundtrip speed boat transfers from Male to the island
- Daily breakfast, lunch and dinner and drinks, even the boozy kind
- Daily snorkeling trip
- Easy ways to customize — add more nights, book a Water Villa or upgrade to a 5-star property (for an extra cost)
- Access to COVID testing ($125 on-site cost)
- All taxes and fees
- Book by March 31, 2021
Restrictions may apply
Prices are per person, based on two people sharing a room. Local city tax is not included; you’ll pay at the hotel. Shuttle transfers are not included but can be added. Baggage can be added for $99 per bag roundtrip; check with your reservation agent when booking. Air and hotel taxes are included. Hotels are based on availability and are subject to change.
Located on North Malé Atoll, the resort features contemporary-style rooms and tons of on-site amenities,
- oceanside infinity pool
- overwater spa
- two restaurants and bars (one of which is a swanky overwater bar),
- free Wi-Fi
- nightly entertainment
There are also plenty of water activities, such as diving and windsurfing, plus an underwater Love Wall, where you can leave your very own engraved padlock.
The flights and transfers are included
The flights may be in coach or economy, and that alone could already cost nearly $1,000 per person. The resort does not require a seaplane transfer (I’ve seen seaplane charges in the $400 range).
While I am not vouching for all of the reviews, but if you were to look at Tripadvisor traveler reviews, the resort received 4.5 stars out of 5 stars. It received over 600 favorable reviews. They also have a Facebook page. Click here.
Various Departure Cities and Dates
- Depart: May-October 2021 from Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Miami, San Francisco and Washington, D.C. Select dates November 2021-May 2022 are also on sale from $2199.
- Additional Departures: Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, Denver, Detroit, Houston, Newark (EWR), New York (JFK), Orlando and Philadelphia departures are available from $1599-$1799 (dates vary by city).
COVID re-entry info
Air passengers returning to the United States are required to get a COVID-19 test three days before their flight departs and provide proof of a negative test. The cost of the test is not included in this package ($125 cost per person)
Worry-free change without Fees:
If you book now but have to cancel your trip, you’ll receive a travel credit in the full amount you paid for your vacation that can be used for any destination or itinerary in the future. If airfares or hotel prices are higher at the time of rebooking, you will have to pay the difference. For further assistance, call 1-866-203-8668.