Here’s what you need to know about the reopening plans for Disneyland park and Disney California Adventure park. These reopening plans are all modified due to the current COVID-19 pandemic. It is expected that we are not going to see the typical crowded theme parks. There will be a limited amount of guests allowed to visit. Reopening day is planned for April 30, 2021.
1. Expect the following
Enhanced health and safety measures – physical distancing, reduced contact, cleaning and housekeeping modifications
New theme park reservation system – all guests must obtain a reservation for park entry in advance.
- ONLY CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS may visit the parks
- Guests would a need a theme park reservation
- Need a valid admission ticket for the same park on the same date
- This is required for guests ages 3 and up.
Guests must have a valid theme park admission ticket in order to make a reservation. Theme park reservations will be limited and subject to availability and, until further notice, only California residents may visit the parks, and in groups no larger than 3 households, in line with current state guidelines.
2. If you currently hold a theme park ticket
- April 9 -you can check available days for your 1-day ticket type beginning April 9 on Disneyland.com/ParksUpdates
- April 12 – The theme park reservation system will open no earlier than 8 a.m. PT on April 12 and guests who already have valid theme park tickets may begin making park reservations.
For more details with those with existing tickets – click here.
3. When will theme park ticket sales resume
For guests WITHOUT park tickets
- April 15: Theme park ticket sales will resume no earlier than 8 a.m. PT on April 15, and guests without park tickets may begin purchasing tickets and making theme park reservations.
4. Ticket Prices
According to Mice Chat, “Prices will not be changing from what they were when the theme parks closed in 2020. Here is the previous pricing structure that we believe will still be in place. ”
5. Linking Valid Theme Park Tickets
According to Disney Park Blog
Tip: Be sure to log in to your Disney account first to link valid theme park tickets prior to accessing the park reservation system.
6. How to make a theme park reservation
Click here to Theme Park Reservations
Image courtesy of Disney Park Blog
7. Park Hours
The current reopening park hours are planned to be 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. (subject to change)
Theme park parking will be available at the Mickey & Friends and Pixar Pals parking structures, located off Disneyland Drive.
9. Park hopper tickets? Or, Multi-day tickets?
Guests with Park Hopper tickets may choose, pending availability, which theme park to start their day, when making their theme park reservations, and then will be able to visit the other park beginning at 1 p.m. that day. Guests with multi-day tickets will be required to make a separate park reservation for each day they plan to visit the theme parks.
10. If you plan on staying at one of the Disney hotel properties
These properties do not guarantee a theme park reservation. The suggestion is to get your theme park reservation first AND THEN book your hotel stay.
11. Which attractions will be open
Again, this is all subject to change. This is according to MiceChat.
12. Stay informed
Yes, that’s the best way to plan your visit. Stay informed. Information you read today could be subject to change.