I received a couple of messages from two of my travel buddies, Ian S. and Dan B. They knew it would be something worth sharing, especially for those who are looking for budget travels.
Meet Avelo Airlines
Avelo Airlines is one of the new low cost airlines in the market. They want you to fly with them and give them a try and here’s what they do best:
- Save money with every day low fares
- Save time using smaller airports
- Have a smoother, more caring experience
- We only charge $10 to check a bag
- We give you choice
Where does Avelo fly
Avelo picked these “close-to-home” airports without all the hassles of going to a major airport.
- Arcata-Eureka, CA – ACV
- Bozeman Yellowstone, MT – BZN
- Eugene, OR – EUG
- Grand Junction, CO – GJT
- Hollywood Burbank – Los Angeles, CA – BUR
- Medford – Rogue Valley, OR – MFR
- Ogden-Hinckley – Salt Lake, UT – OGD
- Pasco Tri Cities, WA – PSC
- Phoenix-Mesa, AZ – AZA
- Redding, CA – RDD
- Redmond, OR – RDM
- Santa Rosa – Sonoma County, CA – STS
Any other fees?
Avelo takes pride in no change fees. Other fees are quite reasonable.
- First checked bag: $10
- Carry-on overhead bag: $35
- Priority boarding: $10
- Window or aisle seating starting at $5
How about free personal item?
Yes, if you’re a real light traveler, here’s what you can bring on to the aircraft without being charged.
Sample $19 each way or $38 round trip
I did a sample booking from Burbank Airport to Yellowstone, Montana…..and sure enough $19 each way or $38 round trip!
I am very intrigued and could see myself flying this airline very soon. One place I’d like to visit is Yellowstone National Park which is a 15-hour drive from home. At $19 each way, I guess I’ll just fly. How about you? Will you be trying Avelo soon?