There’s a new premium credit card from Capital One, and the benefits are quite generous from its huge sign up bonus, travel credits, and lounge access for the main cardholder and authorized users. and applications for this new card now LIVE. I’ve shared this with my Facebook travel group, Daddy Travels Now on Facebook. For details how to apply…..see below.
Meet Capital One Venture X card
This new premium credit card earns 100,000 bonus miles with a minimum spend of $10,000 on purchases within the first 6 months. This card does have a $395 annual fee. Breathe. Breathe. Trust me. It gets better. Applications for this card are accepted beginning November 9, 2021
The card has excellent earnings potentials. You get 10X miles on hotels and rental cars booked via Capital One Travel, 5X miles on flights booked via Capital One Travel, and you earn 2X miles on everything else.
Benefits and Perks
Check out these credits to help wash off the pain of paying annual fees. For one, get up up to a $300 credit annually credit when you book via Capital One Travel. This will work on flights, hotels, car rentals that can be booked via Capital One Travel. You also earn 10,000 bonus miles every account anniversary (this is valued at $100 worth). I love this new benefit – you could add up to four authorized users at no extra cost (this is huge). Oh and for a limited time, you could earn up to $200 in statement credits for vacation rental purchases like Airbnb and VRBO. These perks alone, when used wisely, could easily offset the annual fees.
Airport Lounge Access
Since I’m new to Capital One, I had no idea they were building their own airport lounges. And with this new card, you get unlimited access to Capital One Lounges opening in 2021/2022 – DFW, DEN, IAD (H/T One Mile at a Time). Cardholders also have access to Priority Pass lounges internationally (cardholder plus up to four authorized users could get their own Priority Pass) – again another major perk! This includes access to airport and restaurants linked with Priority Pass. H/T Dave Grossman of MilesTalk.
Other useful perks
Here are a few more perks that I find useful. TSA PreCheck or Global Entry, you get up to $100 in statement credits for either. This is a credit given once every 4 years. I could see my family using this (we have credit cards that give us these perks and they’re useful to us). As mentioned earlier, you can add authorized users at no charge, they also get their own Priority Pass (that’s a big plus for my large family). There are no foreign transaction fees foreign transaction fees with this card. You also get complimentary Hertz President’s Circle status for your car rentals when you use this card.
2x miles per dollar for your everyday spend
When you use this card on your regular everyday spend, you earn 2x Venture Miles for every dollar spent. Use those miles for your future travels, or transfer them to Capital One travel partners. The ratio for the transfer is 1:1.
Capital One Travel Partners
You can transfer Capital One miles to airline and hotel partners.
- Aeromexico Club Premier (1:1 ratio)
- Air Canada Aeroplan (1:1 ratio)
- Air France-KLM Flying Blue (1:1 ratio)
- ALL – Accor Live Limitless (2:1 ratio)
- Avianca LifeMiles (1:1 ratio)
- British Airways Executive Club (1:1 ratio)
- Cathay Pacific Asia Miles (1:1 ratio)
- Emirates Skywards (1:1 ratio)
- Etihad Guest (1:1 ratio)
- EVA Infinity MileageLands Finnair Plus (1:1 ratio)
- Qantas Frequent Flyer (1:1 ratio)
- Singapore KrisFlyer (1:1 ratio)
- TAP Air Portugal Miles&Go (1:1 ratio)
- Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles (1:1 ratio)
- Wyndham Rewards (1:1 ratio)
Also joining later in 2021 is Choice Privileges (TBD).
What I think of the new Capital One Venture X
To be perfectly honest with you, I’ve never had a Capital One card. I’ve focused my strategy on earning points with Chase, Citi, and American Express. I am currently under 5/24 (1/24 as of early Nov 2021). Yeah, you can laugh…I’m just very selective with my credit cards and try to tread lightly.
So much buzz with this new upcoming premium credit card, Capital One Venture X. I plan on applying. I’ve had cards with fees between $500 to over $600. The $395 annual fee on this card, honestly, could easily be offset by many of the perks that come along with the card. So the $395 annual fee? No sweat.
- Priority Pass alone, I could see getting my two kids (who are over 18) get them as authorized users, along with my wife – and adding them would be at no extra charge. While I am not near the current Cap One lounges, it’s good to know that we could also use them in DEN, IAD, and DFW as we have flights from time to time that fly through those airports.
- $300 annual travel credit using Cap One Travel – I’m sure we could use that easily
- The 10K bonus miles every card anniversary (that’s another $100 value)
- The TSA Precheck/Global Entry Credit – I know will be put to good use in my family
How to access the link to Capital One Venture X
The link is now LIVE. However at this time, I have to give you the GPS navigation turn-by-turn directions to get to the link.
- Start here (CLICK THIS)
- Click OTHER CARDS or scroll all the way down until you see
- Travel Rewards Credit Cards (click that)
- Scroll down until you Capital One Venture X
- You’ll then be apply click APPLY NOW.
How about you? Does this card spark any interest for you to consider applying?
Editorial Disclosure: Opinions expressed here are author’s alone, not those of any bank, credit card issuer, hotel, airline, or other entity. This content has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of the entities included within the post.