Here I go again with another Travelzoo deal. I have yet to get to the Maldives. Over 50 of our friends, family, and members of my Facebook Travel Group, Daddy Travels Now on Facebook, are all headed to the Maldives in 2022. We simply we cannot wait. We took advantage of a Travelzoo deal that we bought in 2020.
You have to remember that those who travel to the Maldives, many of them are visiting for the first time, and in some cases, it could be a bucket list trip, a trip they’ve saved up for awhile, and will probably not return again. Why is that? Flying to the Maldives is not exactly cheap. You have to factor in:
- Travel time from your point of origin to the Maldives
- Transportation from Male Airport to the resort (typically via seaplane or boat transfer)
- The food and beverage could be pricey
- Activities/excursions are extra and do add up
All of these things translate to expenses. There are ways to help save or offset some of the costs such as flying and booking accommodations using airlines miles and point. Or, you could look for package deals just like this Travelzoo deal.
Latest deal: South Palm Resort Maldives from $1399
So far, I liked what I read about this deal. South Palm Resort Maldives is a family-friendly resort, not adults-only.
South Palm Resort Maldives is a place of unprecedented serenity, privacy and comfort.
Surrounded by white sandy beaches with a clear lagoon, and tranquil blue ocean views of
Addu Atoll. Located on a private Island at the remote, southern tip of Maldives, South Palm
Resort Maldives is a million miles from the stresses and strains of everyday life.
Two can spend 5 nights at a private island resort for just $1399 through December 2023, including all meals, open bar service daily and roundtrip airport transfers (a perk we rarely see in the Maldives).
- So from $1399, two guests spend 5 nights at South Palm Resort Maldives. You have 3 types villas to choose from.
- Sunrise Villa – $1399
- Beach Villa – $1599
- Overwater Villa – $1899
- All meals included
- Open bar service daily
- Including roundtrip airport transfers ($350 per adult – this is a $700 value)
- International flights are NOT included.
- The voucher is good from April 1, 2022 through Dec. 19, 2023. No need to decide or rush.
Why I love this deal?Fully refundable, it’s inexpensive. Domestic flight and speedboat transfers are included. ALL MEALs are included. OPEN BAR. And kid-friendly!!!
Wow! Honestly, the ALL meals being included was already a great offer in my books. And they’ve also included open bar, and the roundtrip airport transfers….all beginning at $1,399.
According to the Travelzoo promotion:
- Two guests can stay for 5 nights from April 1, 2022 – Dec. 19, 2023
- $1399 … Sunrise Villa (reg. $3656) — these garden villas are slightly removed from the beach and come with outdoor day beds and loungers
- $1499 … Beach Villa (reg. $6360) — as the name suggests, these villas sit directly on the beach and feature private decks with outdoor showers and views of the surf
- $1899 … Water Villa (reg. $6360) — these villas sit above the waves on the resort’s lagoon and come with 24-hour butler service
- Add extra nights to your stay from $279 (must be used with a 5-night voucher)
- Travelzoo member perks:
- Daily breakfast, lunch and dinner served at Banyan Restaurant
- Welcome drinks on arrival, plus unlimited drinks for 2 hours every day (even the boozy kind)
- Roundtrip domestic flights and speedboat transfers to the resort (reg. $700 for two)
- Combine multiple vouchers for a longer stay to nab these bonus perks
- Prices based on two guests sharing a room (not per person), and include 22% tax and service fees — normally these cost an additional $500 or more
- A holiday supplement of $80-$150 per adult and $40-$75 per child (5-11) applies on Dec. 24 and 31, 2021 and 2022
Children are allowed at this resort
Here are the details of the occupancy rules. Rate is valid for single or double occupancy; maximum occupancy is 3 adults or 2 adults and 1 child under 12 years old. Extra persons fees including breakfast, lunch and dinner, 2-hour daily open bar, extra bed and hotel taxes and fees are:
- $109 per adult ages 12 and older, per night
- $45 per child ages 2-11, per night
- Infants ages 0-1 stay free
How to book this deal
Here’s the link to the Travelzoo deal.
Tripadvisor reviews give it 4 stars
To view what guests have to say about the resort, click here.
Yes! I love this about Travelzoo. I’ve had to make changes and cancel my Maldives trip in the past, and the cancellation and refund process was easy. I got my refund within a couple of days. Here’s how easy it was to get a refund.
If interested in getting this deal, I suggest booking sooner rather than later. You can get the voucher, book and coordinate with the resort.
Cancellation and Other Hotel Policies: Until the voucher’s expiry date, Travelzoo will give you a full refund of your purchase if you can’t find dates that suit you or you can’t travel. Once the room is reserved with the hotel, changes must be made at least 14 days prior to arrival or voucher will not be refundable. This deal cannot be combined with other offers. Guests must adhere to hotel rules and policies. Voucher(s) must be used in one visit.
So, are you going to book this deal? Let me know!