For more travel deals and tips, follow me on my travel page on Facebook or Instagram or YouTube or Twitter
If you’re one of the many folks who recently applied for Global Entry, whether you’re a new applicant or filing a renewal, one of the biggest challenges is scheduling an interview. New applicants have to interview in person, while those who are renewing their Global Entry memberships have the option to interview in-person or via remote (thru Zoom meeting).
If you are renewing your Global Entry
Those who are renewing, if you renew BEFORE your current membership expires, the good news is your benefits will continue for another 24 months until you get your renewal approved. This was the notice I received in April 2022 (subject to change).
My mom had to get her Global Entry membership renewed. And once we submitted her application, I was able to get her a same-day remote interview via Zoom on a Sunday afternoon. I wrote down I did so.
My son, on the other hand, applied for his Global Entry renewal last January 2022. He didn’t realize that he had to interview. We finally got him an interview, but his Global Entry interview was scheduled too far out (December 2022). Shortly after my mom’s renewal was approved, I was on a mission to get my son’s Global Entry interview expedited.
Follow Global Entry on Twitter
When you’re on Twitter, look up the keywords Global Entry by typing those words in the Twitter Search Field, you’d see quite a few Twitter handles (Twitter accounts) linked to Global Entry. Many of them actively provide info on available Global Entry in-person appointments.
The one that seems to be the most active of all is @Global EntryNow aka Global Entry Interview Checker. When you read the tweets from this Twitter handle, it notifies you of Global Entry interview slot availability. You will see:
- the state
- the location of the Global Entry Interview
- the day and date of the interview
- time of the interview
Don’t have a Twitter account?
If you don’t know how to use Twitter, or need to create your own Twitter account, just go ahead and do so. This part would be up to you.
How to follow on Twitter
- Search for Global Entry and choose Global Entry Interview Checker
- Click FOLLOW
- Once you click FOLLOW, it will change to FOLLOWING
- Click the bell with a plus sign to get notified whenever this account sends an update
- From your phone, ensure that you allow notifications from Twitter
To allow Twitter notifications for iPhone users, go to Settings
- Scroll all the way down until you see Twitter, tap on Twitter
- Choose Allow Notifications – make sure the following are in GREEN
- Allow notifications
- Always deliver immediately – Time sensitive notifications
- Alerts – sounds and badges
- Annouce Notifications – ON
For other types of phones, Android, etc. please check how to be notified.
How to make this work for you
Getting the notifications by itself will not schedule the appointment for you. You have work to do. If you find an interview appointment that works with your schedule and location, you have to take action and by signing in to you CBP Trusted Traveler Program account. I suggest keying in your login information (email and password), have that info saved on your device (computer or phone). So when you are notified, you could easily breeze through the sign in portion.
What to do when you get a Twitter notification
Let’s use this example. I received this Twitter notification for an interview in Los Angeles
Once notified, you sign in to your CBP Trusted Traveler Program account,it should take you to your Dashboard:
- Schedule or Reschedule Interview
- Appointment type: In-Person or Remote (remember, only RENEWAL applications have the option to do a remote interview – here’s an example)
- For In-Person, interview, click In-Person
- Scroll down to choose the State and the interview location in that state where you want to be interviewed. This should be the location that was mentioned in your Twitter notification
- Click the location, click Choose this location
- If you see No appointments available at this location, that could mean that someone else grabbed the appointment that was available
- If there’s an in-persona appointment available, it should take you to the calendar with availability. You will see below that April 28 is in white – appointments available. Click that date. If you see other dates that work better for you, choose the one that works.
- NOTE: This is about ACTING QUICKLY. These dates and times get taken immediately
- Once you choose the day available for interview, it takes you to the available appointment time/s. In Los Angeles, on April 28, there was only ONE available time slot at 4:15pm.
- Click the time that works for you (if given different choices)
- Click Choose This Time to confirm
- If all looks good, click SUBMIT
Other Twitter handles (accounts) to follow
- @EntryBot LAX Global Entry
- @GOESbot SFO Global Entry Bot
- @ATLGlobalEntry ATL Global Entry Bot
- @EntryPit PIT_Global_Entry
- @nyc_globalentryNotify Appt – NYC Global Entry
- @SDentrybot San Diego Global Entry Bot
I could not confirm how the accuracy of these notifications, but it’s worth giving them a try.
If you are struggling to find a sooner Global Entry appointment, this could give you a better chance of finding a time slot that’s open soon. But there is work to be done. Remember, you have to act on it by scheduling your interview once notified. Oh and trust me on this. If you get a notification, and decide not to act on it quickly, there’s a big chance that they slot will be gone if you choose to check on it later. So act quickly if you want to book the soonest appointment.
If this works for you, please let me know. If you find other ways to get an appointment sooner, please do share.