ADVERTISER DISCLOSURE: DaddyTravelsNow is part of an affiliate sales network and receives compensation for sending traffic to partner sites, such as MileValue.com This compensation may impact how and where links appear on this site. This site does not include all financial companies or all available financial offers.
But first, the picture
Jason, weren’t you just in Turkey?
Looked and booked a year out
It was like riding a bike
Got my ducks in a row
- Transferred 180,000 miles from my Capital One account to Turkish Airlines
- The transfer was instant
- I tried to book our two tickets online but the app and website advised me to call Turkish Airlines to book on the phone. I spoke with Ahmed, I explained to him what I wanted to do.
- He asked for the following:
- Turkish Airlines Miles and Smiles Account number
- Flight information (date, cabin, and # of passengers)
- Names of the passengers – I had to slowly and clearly spell out our names, and Ahmed spelled everything back to me
- Email address – provided him my email address (again I had to spell it all out)
- He confirmed the flight that would work for me
- Once we agreed, he transferred me to two different extensions:
- pay for the fees using a credit card
- authorize the use of 180,000 points to book this trip
Breakdown of the costs of our booking
LAX-IST = 45,000 miles + $222 USD
IST- LAX = 45,000 miles + $256USD
Total per person = 90,000 miles + $470 taxes/fees
Total for two passengers = 180,000 miles + $940
Value of the two round business class tickets = $14,826.80
Credit card programs that transfer to Turkish Airlines
- Capital One Miles – 1:1 transfer ratio (instant transfer from personal experience)
- Citi ThankYou Points – 1:1 transfer ratio (instant transfer from personal experience)
- BILT Rewards – 1:1 transfer ratioBilt World Elite Mastercard® Credit Card
- Marriott Bonvoy – 3:1 transfer ratioMarriott Bonvoy Bold® Credit CardMarriott Bonvoy Boundless® Credit Card
For the step by step booking process
Editorial Disclosure: Opinions expressed here are author’s alone, not those of any bank, credit card issuer, hotel, airline, or other entity. This content has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of the entities included within the post.